Sunday, March 23, 2014

Life is a Game: Inconvenience of an Awakening



Life is a Game: 
Inconvenience of an Awakening



It’s early morning and what a way to start the day with you. I must send you a picture of this view. Wow. 

I woke up this morning with a clarity about life. A simple theme that is so simple that it isn’t so obvious. The moment I say it you may feel to say, ‘Duuuuuh’! But there are some specifics in this theme that we might want to take note on. So here it is. 

‘Turn all of life into an internal game of personal developement’. 

Simple enough? After that night of resurrection  I had experienced in my early teens (In the book), I remember deciding to play my life like a video game. As crazy as it may seem, I had come out of a depression in a very powerful and fearless way that night. I figured what other way to live than to imagine that I was ‘writing a book of life’...with my life. When there were scary decisions to make I would ask myself,
 ‘Which path writes the better story of life? And then...’. 

How about that for a way of living. Can you imagine that life became completely adventurous, fresh and new. I’ve made some Big moves by this simple little question. I joined the U.S. Air Force at age 21. I left the U.S. Air Force at 25. Times where said to be ‘Hard’ then, but for me to sign another 4 year enlistment I felt that my ‘Story of Life’ would get stale. I left a secure Government Job to work in Afghanistan. I went while a war was going on. Ever feel the compression wave of an explosive? ‘I HAVE’. Ok, that’s a bit riskaaay there but so be ‘My story'. 

So I can tell you, it wasn’t about being reckless or irresponsible. But it was about, 

‘Living to my Capacity’

Live to your capacity we say at Sky Echo Pencil. If you feel that you are prepared, could do it and that there is something of value in it for you, then Do It. 
‘Movement’ creates a good story.’ 
Can you imagine a movie that was all shot in on scene. Blahhhhhh! or me it's been about every ten years that I'll call some place home, and then I’m Out. I was capable of moving and had the emotional, physical or conscious capacity to move so, So I did; in theatrical fashion no less.  We are each different and appropriately have our different levels of capacity. It’s be silly to compare ourselves to another. Like a good friend of mine use to say, 

‘I... don’t want your LIFE’. 







‘Jeez, what an abrasive internal dialogue.’ I totally see that this is pretty hard self talk but I think it’s healthy that we each say this to ourselves and hear this for ourselves. Kind of keeps ourselves in check. No one wants my life and I don’t want anyone else’s life. 'All Agreed'? We just kind of fit ourselves in this catchy phrase and let the magic of life happen. Look out, here comes Humility. Ahhhhhh!

The truth is that we really don’t want someone else’s life. We just want to fast forward our journey of getting what we want. We want what other people have available for us. We are only interested in what they have available for us as it relates to what We want. Can we imagine is life was about just getting stuff? Scene 1: ‘She wants it ALL’. Scene 2: ‘She gets it from someone else’. THE END and ‘BoooooorING’!Life is about becoming someone and experiencing the journey of that. Experience the journey of your becoming; hence, personal development. 


‘Where’s the JUICE’, as my mother would say when she read my assigned English papers. I’d tell her it must be where my interest is on the assigned subject. Somewhere out there, they are living happily ever after. 

 Our lives come with  the story of our journeys. Our journeys greatly contribute to who we are.  Who are you? How does the story of your journey go? How’s your life BABY? ‘Twinkle, Twinkle BABY! I’m just clownin.’  (Vince Vaughn: Be Cool) 

But who are we kidding, YOU are the most brilliant thing alive and your journey is the most exciting thing happening for you as my journey is for me. So maybe we freak out when we think of our own brilliance. Or not believe it. Or accept it. We can talk about stepping into our brilliance anytime. Just facebook message me. And no jokes about me needing an English class. 


So movement makes a good story. How about this, 

“Movement with self Expansion makes a Sex Scene” 


Oh, Delicious! What’s attractive is being aware of our capacities and capabilities (CC) AND ‘Acting On Them’. Acting on them, as in, creating a life that ‘Pulls’ us into practice of our CC. Our true CC only come out when there is a demand. Hard Truth: Humanity is a LaaAaaZay species. If not physically then emotionally. I know you awesome supernatural beings are out there. Where are you? I want to be around you and learn. Cause ‘I am laaaaazaaay!’ I’ll PLAY all day but me no likey ‘Work’. What a ‘dirty word’. 

  So like a video game, we put ourselves in and create environments and situations that call us to be of our full capacity and capability. How can such a way of life NOT sound like the story of  Double O’ SEVEN, the most Interesting Man or Woman ALIVE, Luke Skywalker, Jason Bourne, BATMAN!!! I say we be a Superhero!!! Yes we CAN!



Inconvenience of an Awakenings

I have kids now. I have this now. I don’t have that now. I'm too old. I'm too fat. I have no friend... ‘Shuuuuush!’ (‘Matt Wilson: EncinoMan,1992 starring Pauly Shore) 

Holy cow, I jokingly say that with the greatest love and compassion. But I’ve learned that life is all about the ‘Start’. When are we going to ‘Start’ living? Some of us are straight up ‘Surviving’ now. I feel your pain. Something’s got to give. 

Hard Questions: 

Are you scared of success?  
Are you scared of creating something New that you won’t be able to handle?
Oh! Are we being lazy and ‘enduring’ the journey. Lol. 

Hey, I’ve gotten ‘Exhausted before I’ve started’ many of times. I gotta, get a business license, I gotta get a website, I gotta find a mentor, I gotta finish this marketing ad. Of course I ended up taking a Nap! Hey, I get it. 

So be it that our awakenings come at inconvenient times. Fair enough. But may we have the courage to acknowledge that our opportunities for awakening are always there. The people, the money, the internal development and the chances to see things a in a New way is all already in your life. It's only by the power of you that it will all be tapped into. By the power of your 'Start'.  

My friends. I love you. What a gift this life is. If you’d like to contact me on facebook go for it.  You guys Rock!!! It’s a beautiful day. Let’s Play this life like a video game. Trust in what we must trust and ‘Take it to the Max’. Let’s see if this promise of abundance and bliss is real. 

Have a Wonderful Sunday. Don’t forget to laugh, smile and tell someone how much you appreciate them. Let’s rock this baby. 

Leo Johnson II
Sky Echo Pencil 




No comments:

Post a Comment